Saturday 7 February 2015

Mental Health Awareness - State of Stigma

(Reblogged from my Facebook Account)

February 5th is a day that my social media has informed me is a day to talk about mental health. As someone who has had personal struggles with her own mental health, as well as watched many of those around me do the same, this is something that is dear to my heart.

I try not to make a habit of spamming my wall with my brain shit, because I know that many of you will get tired of, scared by, discouraged by what I have to say, especially those of you who view me as such a source of empowerment and inspiration on the average day. 

However, in the spirit of education, and in remembrance of the great Robin Williams, I intend to make February, the most depressing month in the North American Calendar, a month to share the demons in my mind.

If you wish to hide from these passages from the annals of my soul, just skip posts with the tag ‪#‎StateOfStigma‬

No comments:

Post a Comment