Saturday 1 November 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 - Day One

Well! I've been Jonesing for November to begin so that I could dive into writing Book Two of the project I began last year, and the day had finally come!

It's 3:00 pm, and I've just completed 5,000 words! I forced myself to take a break after 4,000, just sort of putter writing for the next 1,000 words (allowing myself to be distracted). And now I'm taking a break by forcing my brain to write something else. I'm hoping this will appease my Muse without burning out my creative circuits!

I have to admit, doing a proper outline as made a huge difference in my ability to just push through the words. It's sort of like having a tangible goal. I know that X, Y, & Z have to happen, so I just write the words that lead the characters through those axis of the story.

It also helps that I know these characters very well! Aurell and I have spent a lot of time getting to know each other in the last 11 years since we first met. However, I am interested to see what happens when her BodyGuard shows up in the story. Her I only met last month, and can't even seem to put a name to the face.

If I can find the energy to dig up the Prologue (which was pre-written) I'll post the whole thing from start to present in a different post so y'all can keep up with the story. I also intend to post the Outline, but don't worry, I'll label it as a Spoiler Alert with big block letters!

I'm very interested in feedback, even if it's just gnit-picky editing stuff, I can't catch it all, and there are some things that I never seem to catch on my own!

Don't forget to go check out the NaNoWriMo.Org page and donate to the cause, if you're able! They support a wide range of writing and literacy aspects for children and adults alike!

Thank you all for your support and wish me luck as I dive back into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment